Call for Class + Workshop Proposals
CSA seeks proposals for classes and workshops for children, teenagers, and adults for 2017-2018. CSA available teaching spaces include: studio space, clay studio, annex, + gallery space. Target class size: 6-15 people. Qualified individuals are invited to submit proposals that reflect diversity, creativity, and accessibility for all levels and ages.
The mission of Common Street Arts (CSA), the programmatic arm of Waterville Creates!, is to enhance the creative, artistic, and economic vitality of the Waterville community through outstanding arts education and exhibitions. In concert with Waterville’s recently drafted Cultural Plan, CSA seeks to ensure relevant and accessible programming for all community audiences. CSA aspires to diversify its program through a broad array of workshops, events, and classes that provide unique and creative experiences in a supportive environment. Preference will be given to proposals that include cultural relevancy, exhibit a high level of creativity, offer a high level of engagement and participation, and/or directly relate to the CSA exhibition program or create programmatic connections with Waterville Creates! arts and cultural partners (Waterville Public Library, Maine Film Center, Waterville Opera House, Colby College Museum of Art).
- Professional teaching experience in medium
- Ability to define and measure learning objectives
- Ability to work independently
- Professional + courteous demeanor
- Criminal history clearance required for working with children
- Complete CSA Class/Workshop Proposal Form: 2017-classworkshop-proposal-form
- Attach sample curriculum outline with goals + objectives
- Email or mail proposal to:
Coordinator of Special Projects
93 Main Street
Waterville, Maine 04901