CSA Gallery Attendant
Gallery Hours: Wednesday-Friday from 12–5 pm, new Saturday hours 10 am–1 pm.
The Common Street Art’s gallery attendant’s primary responsibilities include:
- Provide a friendly and welcoming environment for all visitors
- Working knowledge about artists and exhibition on view, answer questions and engage visitors (an appreciation of art/art history is highly desirable)
- Careful tracking of gallery and studio attendance
- Accurately answer visitors’ general inquiries regarding CSA, its exhibitions, programs, and educational classes
- Share promotional and membership materials as required
- Maintain all gallery procedures and protocols
- Answer the phone in professional manner and relay messages to gallery director
- Performing opening gallery operations on 12-3 shift; closing gallery operations after 3-6 pm shift
Two notebooks at CSA contain Information regarding the gallery (“The Book”) and the current exhibit. Familiarize yourself with these when you arrive.
Please be punctual and reliable. Bring something to eat and/or drink with you. You’re expected to stay at the gallery for your entire shift. It’s ok to bring a laptop to do homework, a book to read, knitting, drawing materials, etc. Dress comfortably but professionally. Let us know if you have any special needs.
Other Volunteer Opportunities
I recently received this email: “I wholeheartedly believe in the transformative power of community arts and would love to contribute to the work you are doing in whatever way needed.” If you feel the same way, please consider volunteering at CSA. It takes many hands to build a strong community art center. We depend on help for:
assisting at opening receptions
social media initiatives
If you have a special skill or would like to volunteer in other ways, contact CSA at firstname.lastname@example.org.