Common Street Arts will offer various internship opportunities to area high school and college students during the academic year and summer vacation months.
CSA Gallery Attendant Internship
The Common Street Gallery (CSA) attendant’s primary responsibilities include greeting and creating a welcoming environment in the gallery for all visitors. The gallery attendant will disseminate accurate information concerning Common Street Arts, its exhibitions and programs, and share promotional and membership materials as required. The attendant will provide careful monitoring of the gallery and exhibition during visiting hours and ensure that all gallery protocols are followed. The attendant will be able to accurately answer general inquiries concerning CSA artists and exhibitions.
• An appreciation of art/art history is highly desirable
• Ability to interact with the general public and create welcoming environment
• Maintain all gallery procedures and protocols
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Attention to detail
• Punctuality and reliable transportation to and from CSA
• Working knowledge about artists and exhibition on view
• Ability to accurately answer visitors’ general inquiries regarding CSA as well as its exhibitions and programs, and CSA educational classes.
• Provide a friendly and welcoming environment to all visitors
• Careful tracking of gallery attendance
• Answer CSA phone in professional manner and relay messages promptly and accurately to gallery director
• Responsible for performing closing gallery operations
• Assist with installation and de-installation of exhibitions
• Assist gallery director with CSA social media and marketing initiatives as requested
• Assist gallery director with administrative tasks as required
• Assist with special projects and events as needed
Common Street Arts’ mission is to enhance the creative, artistic, and economic vitality of the Waterville community through outstanding arts education and exhibitions. For more information, please visit www.commonstreetarts.org. For more information concerning this internship please call 207.872.ARTS (2787) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Gallery Internship Hours: Wednesday-Friday from 2:00-6:00 p.m. This is an unpaid internship. Interns must be able to work at least one 4-hour shift. Interns will receive membership benefits associated with a CSA student level membership.