Open Juried Exhibition
Entry Deadline: August 11, 2016
Common Street Arts in conjunction with Maine Crafts Association will present work by selected ceramic artists for the exhibition, Clay Arts: Form & Function opening September 30, 2016. Artists 18 years and older, with ties to Maine are encouraged to submit their work. This exhibition will feature the evolving field of clay both in its functional form and its sculptural form. This work will also showcase the many working methods employed by ceramic artists throughout the state.
Submission Deadline: August 11, 2016, 5:00 pm
Submission Review: August 12, 2016
Notification: Monday, August 15, 2016
Drop off: September 5- 9 and September 12-16, 10:00 am-4:00 pm
Opening reception: Saturday, October 1, 2016 5:00 pm-7:00 pm
Pick-up: November 7-11, 2016 10:00 am-4:00 pm
Exhibition dates: September 30-November 5, 2016
SUBMISSION FEE: FREE to Maine Craft Association Members, $25 for non-members.
JURORS: Beth Finch, Lunder Curator of American Art, Colby College Museum of Art
KiKA Nigals, Program Manager, Waterville Creates!
Marie Sugden, Executive Assistant, Waterville Creates!
KiKA Nigals, Program Manager, Waterville Creates!, 93 Main Street, Waterville, ME firstname.lastname@example.org , 207.400.1124, www.commonstreetarts.org
REQUIRED SUBMISSION MATERIALS:
- This is a juried exhibition and all images submitted must be representative of the work that will be available for display.
- Up to ten, high-resolution (300 dpi) digital images by email to: email@example.com
- Complete caption information for each image including materials, processes used, firing temperature, dimensions (h x w x d), date completed, and price
- Contact information: name, mailing address, phone, email, website, artist statement and resume
- Email all information in ONE email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line: “Ceramics for Maine Craft Weekend/artist’s last name”
- Submissions arriving after the deadline will not be considered. Emailed submissions containing more than ten images will not be considered.
INSURANCE AND SALES
Common Street Arts will provide insurance coverage for work while on the premises for market value. Artists will be responsible for insurance of work in transit. Artists will receive 60% commission on work sold. Delivery or shipping of purchased works will be the responsibility of Common Street Arts
Participating artists must agree to allow Common Street Arts to photograph work while on display for educational and publicity purposes. Images of accepted works will be retained by Common Street Arts for promotional purposes, posting on the Waterville Creates! and Common Street Arts’ websites, and sharing with media outlets. Common Street Arts may create a digital catalog and/or an online version of the exhibition using images of accepted work.
Exhibition dates are September 30 – November 5, 2016. Gallery hours are Wednesday-Friday, 12:00 pm-5:00 pm, and Saturday 10:00 am – 1:00 pm, or by appointment. An opening reception will be held on October 1, 2016 5:00 pm-7:00 pm
Common Street Arts’ mission is to enhance the creative, artistic and economic vitality of the Waterville community through outstanding arts education and exhibitions.
The Common Street Arts gallery is located at 93 Main Street, Waterville Maine, 04901
The gallery is also accessible through Castonguay Square from Common Street.